How to Apply for Funding
Below you will see the instructions for Community Grant applications as assigned by Komen Northeast Louisiana and Komen Northwest Louisiana. Please look carefully at the parishes each serves and submit your application accordingly.
KOMEN NORTHEAST LOUISIANA
Caldwell, East Carroll, Franklin, Jackson, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse,
Ouachita, Richland, Tensas, West Carroll, Union
Komen Northeast Louisiana (NELA) has identified the following funding priorities:
- Reduce early breast cancer death through education and screening, especially in Lincoln Parish, The Mississippi River Region (East Carroll, Madison, and Tensas Parishes) and Morehouse Parish.
- Reduce the financial and insurance barriers to individuals accessing the continuum of care.
- Address transportation and other barriers that prevent access to screening and treatment in rural populations.
Applications are currently being accepted for Community Grant (CG) Applications that will be funded for 2016-2017. Please refer to the Request for Application (RFA) for information on community grant applications.
Komen Northeast Louisiana: FY2016 NELA CG RFA
KOMEN NORTHWEST LOUISIANA
Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, DeSoto, Natchitoches, Red River, Sabine, Webster, Winn
Komen Northwest Louisiana (NWLA) has identified the following funding priorities:
- Reduce early breast cancer death in African American and rural populations through breast cancer prevention services.
- Increase provider and community collaboration by funding health system and community partnerships to increase access to services, especially in Bienville, Caddo, Claiborne and Webster Parishes.
- To indentify and promote all breast cancer prevention methods to individuals who are uninsured and underinsured in Northwest Louisiana.
Applications are currently being accepted for Community Grant (CG) Applications that will be funded for 2016-2017. Please refer to the Request for Application (RFA) below for application instructions and guidelines.
Komen Northwest Louisiana: FY2016 NWLA CG RFA
All applications must be submitted online through the Komen Grants e-Management System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org.
The grant application process is competitive. Whether or not an organization has received a grant in the past, funding in subsequent years is never guaranteed and depends upon the quality of this application, the quality of the applicant pool, and the funds available for distribution.
Application Deadline: date and time
Award Notification: Late February/March 2016
Project Period: April 1, 2016-March 31, 2017