North LA Service Area

About Us

The mission of Susan G. Komen North Louisiana is to save lives and to end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures. Komen North Louisiana has invested over $6,640,021 into education, diagnosis, treatment and support programs that serve all residents of North Louisiana.

Through events like the Komen Race for the Cure®, Dancing for the Cure, Color Me For A Cure 5k, and other individual donors and third party fundraising events, Komen North Louisiana invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.

Komen North Louisiana began in 2015 as a combination of Susan G. Komen Northeast which opened in 1996 and Susan G. Komen Northwest which opened in 1999. As we expand and acquire more territory to provide lifesaving screening, education, and support services our name was changed to reflect this expansion and we became Komen North Louisiana.

We are a local organization with local staff, local board members, and a strong local presence. We raise money here and we put that money right back into this community to support those who LIVE HERE. With a small staff, we keep overhead costs low and grant award funding high. We operate with the help of hundreds of volunteers who keep us successful day in and day out.

If you have questions about our history, or our goals as an organization moving forward, simply give us a call. We would love the opportunity to meet you and share our mission and the IMPACT we hope to make on North Louisiana.